Wednesday

Sport: Run

I had a run this morning, having finally learning how to set up the nike sports band. It was not that great but it is a means to the end. To me it is not about one end result but to progressively move towards a greater end than I can ever imagine.

Back to the topic, I had a 9.18k run, done in 53 minutes 14 seconds. The pace that I did that in was a 5 minute 48 second pace, calorie burn of 828 calories.

Not a bad run, but could be improved. As I finally found out (with a good blow to my ego), swimming is the worst of the three disciplines in a triathlon. This is closely matched with running and then cycling. I would not say that I am good at cycling, I am just saying that I am better at it.

Having done all three disciplines this week, I can now safely say that I will not be doing any brick training any time soon. More effort is needed to improve on my disciplines, and it is a long mountainous road in front of me. But, then again, I remember the saying "Only one man, bleary eyed, will pick himself up and plow forward"

I am not doing this because I am competitive, hell no. I am not doing this because some one told me so, definitely not. I am doing this to prove to myself that I can do this, and I will.

No comments: