Monday

Sports: Full Day

I had a full day of slow intensity training today. What I meant with low intensity is that eventhough I pushed myself on each training session, I did not push to my limits. I made sure to "reserve" enough energy to be used for the next training.

Early in the morning, I went for a run. I felt like I wanted to go for a 5 k run but I told myself that I wanted to do swimming and cycling later, so I ended up running 2.66 k. I burnt roughly 300 calories and paced well to be within my training range. My average pace is still 5'30" ish. I feel that should be a good wake up for this week. I will work on going further (endurance) then work on the speed (speed endurance).

Midday, Tn Zul invited me for a swim. I had already planned to swim that noon, so I went. Tn Zul went for his usual 20 lap swim while I trained to be able to swim further. I am to the point that I can safely swim 150m with slight effort. I am having the trouble in the last 30 m where I seem to be sinking further from the surface of the water each time I take a breath. I wonder what is wrong with my technique? After swimming for an hour or so, it was time to get back to work.

After the afternoon meeting, I looked at the watch and felt that I had enough time to spin around Lumut. When I typed "spin", I really meant that I went spinning. I did not attempt to push myself to see if I can increase my speed endurance, but rather, I went for the weight-loss routine. I can still recall Iron Coach Jay once said that "If you are aiming to lose weight, spinning is best, just go for an average of 25k/hr but stay on your bike for at least an hour". Not that I could stay 25 k/hr if I wanted to, my legs seem to be programmed differently, so eventually I ended up spinning a 23km route with an average of 28k/hr. My average cadence during this ride was 110 cycles. This was because I had to free-wheel at some point due to my speed going into the "speed training" zone.

Overall, today was a good day of training for me. I am going to work on my self discipline and not let all that training go to waste. In other words, I will try not to have a heavy dinner tonight. Even now I feel tired and seems like I will fall asleep early tonight.

Just as a reminder for myself, I will write a post-mortem report on the "Kayuhan Takziah" Charity Ride hosted by the Ministry of Industry and Primary Resources (MIPR) later. Just a reminder.

No comments: