Monday

Post-mortem: MIPR Charity Ride

I participated in the MIPR "Kayuhan Takziah" Charity Ride last Sunday. It was a 20k cycle around bandar. Here is a break down of what I did for the event.

I started my ride from my parent's home in Lambak and cycled to the start point. The start point was located in the parking area of MIPR. The ride started at around 0730 in the morning. The average speed of the ride was around 15k/hr. It was a pace that I did not truly appreciate but considering that some of the people participating were new riders, kids, mtbs, aged and women, I think it would be a correct pace. Once finishing the ride, I cycled back home. All in all, I did a 30 k ride on that day.

I witnessed a bike crash on the ride back to MIPR. The bike got caught in a hole and its rims was bent awkwardly. A rider behind him crashed into him. It was really horrific, but luckily we were only going 13k/hr at that time. That means that the riders sustained light injuries.

I am quite glad that I used my Tricon rims for this ride. I love riding for charity. It keeps in line that we try to stay healthy while donating for a good cause.

Sometimes we need to slow down and think of the hardships that other people are going through, and I certainly had time to think while on the expedition.

Not really a thorough report, but I think that should be enough to give the readers a good idea of what happened during the ride.

No comments: