Saturday

Post Mortem: Panaga Triathlon

Having done my first triathlon, albeit the mini triathlon, I have a good grasp of what had gone wrong and where I am weak in. Swim, cycle and run. Three disciplines. Interconnecting.

I woke up at 0500 in the morning and went to Panaga to register. I set up my bike and kit for transition as I wait for the officials to get ready. I participated in the Mini Triathlon, while Tn Fakhrul participated in the Sprint (Full) Triathlon. Team Cocodile was there as well, consisting of Tn Amirul, Tn Masmun and Tn Airul.

I was registered to no 64 and had to wait for my turn to swim. Once I got into the pool, I was extremely nervous. This was because I could not imagine how far or fast I could swim. My fear turned true and I could not maintain a freestyle stroke for the whole 300m. Embarrassing as it was, I had a mixture of strokes during the swim.

Next came the cycle. I had a 3 to 4 minutes transition, where I was struggling with my top. I guess I will need to get a tri top. The miniature fatigue in my body caused me to be unable to push my cadence to its peak performance. I ended up with spinning on 28 to 30km/hr.

Completing my cycle, I went into T2 and got to my run in under 1 minute. I did the run. It was horrendous. I could not maintain my running pace and felt horrible. I knew it was almost over and I needed to push on. Once finished, I could not help but smile with my achievement.

Then came the lucky draw and the prize presentation. See what I won. :)

I need to focus on training now. I have 2 months to work my way up to ABDB Triathlon... I hope I will be ready for that... :)

No comments: