Monday

Turn of Events

I sit here, thinking about the past couple of hours.

This turn of events puts me at an unsteady place. I had just recently finished a course in Penanjong, and was ready to get back to my daily work routine. A certain event had recently transpired (sounds posh), where Kurt had been selected to go to IMT. Why is this important?

He left the AARM Team, and left an opening for a Team Captain. I was not expecting that I would be chosen, but I received the news last night from Tn Zul. I was to report to the Shooting Ranges at 0730 in the morning.

I got to the shooting range and mindlessly did not know what to do.

Come Midday, Tn G Yu and Tn Khairil mentioned that there should be a change in the appointments, considering that everyone of the Team Captains were new. So, after the afternoon briefing, there was an appointment change. I was not too fussed as I have yet to settle in.

It turns out that I am chosen to be the Rifle Team Captain, and so I will start training with the men tomorrow.

What will happen with my daily routine? How will I cope? Is this a blessing in disguise? Or is this the bitterness at the end of the lollipop? Only time will tell.

I can not think too much apart from the need to perform in the taskings that have been passed out. As the saying goes, "You can only work the cards with the hand that you have been dealt with"

I need to sit on this one. And I know that I need to really think about this...

"carpe diem"


- Blog Press for iPhone

Location:Penanjong

No comments: